*This is a full time employment job. * We do not work with agencies. * We cannot process H1B Visas.
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is looking for highly motivated, passionate Junior DevOps / Systems Engineer.
- Work with software engineers to support project work and to ease the development workflow from staging to production
- Work with clients to understand their particular infrastructure problems and provide appropriate solutions
- Provide internal Mac desktop support
- Assist in configuring cloud services to support development efforts
- Manage internal Google Apps / GSuite accounts
- Manage networking hardware such as routers, firewalls, switches, printers and wireless access points
- Configure security systems, such as electronic access doors, as well as IP Phone system configuration and maintenance
- Provide occasional after hours and on-call support
- 2+ years experience with Mac desktop environments
- Solid understanding of load balancing, horizontal scaling and other cloud computing concepts
- Strong Linux experience
- 1+ years of software development experience (PHP, Rails, Java, Node.js or equivalent)
- 1+ years of experience with Github and deployment methodologies
- 1+ years of cloud computing experience (AWS, Rackspace, etc)
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of one or more DevOps concepts and automation systems such as Docker, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Ability to manage own schedule and work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to take on occasional after-hours support
- Strong interpersonal skills are very important, plus a willingness to take on new challenges and learn on your feet
Ackmann & Dickenson (A&D) is a strategic technology consulting and software development company with locations in Minneapolis & Phoenix. Our Minneapolis headquarters is nestled in the North Loop neighborhood, while the Phoenix office is located at CO+HOOTS, a top-ranked coworking space in Arizona. For an example of some of A&D’s most recent work, check out our case studies.
A&D’s exceptional benefits package includes health, dental, vision, FSA, life, short and long-term disability insurance, and 401K with match. We also unlimited PTO/Sick Pay, flexible work hours and career development reimbursement.
At A&D, we value each employee’s expertise and input. We offer respect, company Apple laptops, an open warehouse work atmosphere, flexible work hours … and more.
If you are interested in this position or would like to know more, please send your questions to email@example.com.